Tuesday 22 November 2011

Skin Types!

Hello Beauties!
So I have decided that I am going to go through everything MAKEUP from beginning to end. I will upload tips, trick, tutorials, pictures to enjoy, anything I think you may like!
So before I get started on the makeup, I wanted to discuss a bit on skincare!
I am going to start by posting bits of info on skin types.
Some people think because their skin is oily, there is no need for moisturization. This is incorrect! And I will explain why.

OILY SKIN:
Oily skin can be a result of many reasons.. But many mistake sweat and perspiration for oil. Many believe that because the skin is oily that there is no need for that extra moisture before applying your foundation! The fact is, if you have oily skin, most of the time it is your skin telling you to hydrate it! When the skin does not receive the required amount of moisture it needs, it produces extra sebum (oil) and disperses it on the face. The face does this to try and compensate for you lack of hydration! This is why, before you apply your makeup, or even if you aren’t wearing any makeup at all, HYDRATE THE SKIN! You will gradually see your excess oil production decrease.

DRY SKIN:
Dry skin is due to lack of hydration as well. However, dry skin needs EXTRA hydration.  A tip for extra hydration is using a thicker moisturizer perhaps before bed! My trick is to use Ponds, I know it’s one of the oldest creams out, but it works for me, and keeps my skin balanced as I do have normal-dry skin. Ponds may not work for you, and it took me a few different brands to find one I like. So try some out, play around, and you’ll get the best results.

If you have normal skin, it means your moisture is balanced, and your skin is “content”. This does not mean you don’t moisturize! Again, if you don’t, it may result in oily skin because it will automatically try to produce the sebum it lacks!

So ladies! Feel your skin, scope out your skin, and determine what skin care is best for you! As I said, many people take a few different brands/product lines to find one that works for them. All Skin is different, and something that works on one person, may not have the same reaction or result as another.

I hope you all have been informed! And lookout for my next post on Skincare!
Stay happy, healthy and beautiful - always, Kia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment